Tuesday, March 29, 2011

We Became Indians

So I went on my Sprinter expedition as promised, but we went to the Escondido mall instead. Unfortunately, the batteries for my camera died upon arrival, so all my pictures of that day were taken on a camera phone (an Alias 2, to be exact). As you can imagine, they are all pretty low in quality, but I suppose I can post some of the manageable ones.





Then, as we were aboarding the Sprinter back to Vista, we encountered some ska band. Jake (the young fellow in the pictures above) was nice enough to buy all their tickets since they were "literally stuck," even though he was later lectured by Seth (the gentlemen with the glasses) that he should be "selective with his charity." I don't even know if they went on the sprinter or not. They quickly dispersed when they saw a police car in the distance and were scared that their beloved friend had gotten arrested.Yes, I live in a city where this type of thing isn't even questioned.

I gave him a dollar on the condition that he would play for me.


Anyway, Sydney came back to my house, where we agreed to a productive night of photography. Out of nowhere we came up with the idea of a Native American-themed shoot (sorry that the title isn't politically correct). I had feathers that Sydney used to decorate the box of a christmas present (isn't she the sweetest?) and acryllic paint that could easily substitute for face paint. Here's the result:





Then somehow I figured out some cool thing with my camera.









This was the result of two people who love photography and are willing to deck themselves in Indian gear and spend 4 hours taking a total of 69 pictures and only settling on 13.

Safe to say, I had an awesome night.

No comments:

Post a Comment